About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Sunday 9 December 2012

Advent day 9: Homemade Baileys

Homemade Irish Cream

I am dizzy after having watched the price of Baileys jump up and down each week at the grocery store. 


If the price changes one more time, I think I may explode in frustration.
It is a budgeting nightmare!

If you enjoy Baileys and want to have it at a fraction of the price try this recipe.


Home made Baileys

284 ml single or double cream (we used double)

1 tin sweetened condensed milk

1 1/2 cups Irish Whiskey or your favourite

1 tablespoon of instant coffee (or if you are me, one sachet of Nestle double chocolate mocha)

2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup (I melted down chocolate and stirred in a little hot water. I probably added close to 4 tablespoons...)

1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste



I gave it a quick stir, and voila, pretty darn tasty!

If you have pretty jars, it might make a nice gift, otherwise it is supposed to last up to 2 months in the fridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment