About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Sunday 18 March 2012

Hormones?

They say (coughs the BBC), that the hormone oestrogen is responsible for forgetfulness in pregnancy and menopause. I really thought dopamine and vinpocetine had a lot more to do with things there, but then I suppose, I ought to stop scanning news headlines...


I can't help feeling that the same hormones that are responsible for a woman going from 'Oh my goodness, shoot me now.' in labour, to 'Awe, it was such a special time. I'd do it again tomorrow.', over the course of a few weeks, must work alongside my concept of moving house.

I start off thinking this will go smoothly. I will make this fun.


Then I reach a point where I remember.... 


This is not fun, this is a lot of work. 

Never ending or so it seems. 

I realize no matter how much I throw out, give away, donate to charity, or ebay... that we still have more toys, and socks (not that any of them match) than any family should ever own. I mean seriously Hamleys can ... not... compete... we have more. I am certain.

But kind of like labour, once you are midway through, there is no turning back. 

Truthfully, even though I might grumble, I certainly wouldn't want to, because what lies on the other side is so worth it.



Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment