About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Monday 8 February 2016

Brighten your beams


We have a hatchling or two, who have the odd tendency to dwell melodramatically. 

I have quoted this to them so many a time, that when a hatchling boy said something negative and blue about himself, and I rested a hand on his shoulder, he looked up into my face and said, 'I need to brighten my beams don't I?'

Yes, I reminded him.

Brighten your beams, because you are so precious and dear to me, if only you could see. I do not want you to spend your days with your worries written upon your face. Instead, paint your face with laughter, and keep only the best of times.

We don't throw away our favourite food, toys, clothes, or books.

We keep the best and get rid of the rest.

The same goes for your soul, your face, your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment