About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Stoptober

Count-your-blessings-with-the-blessings-jar 


This Stoptober idea that seems to be floating about. Great idea. No, I am not talking about quitting smoking, I'm talking about taking a well deserved break from parting with my pennies.

See this lady if you want tips... she rocks.

http://frugalincornwall.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/stoptober-1st.html


 I know I am late posting about it, but you see I have been waffling, unsure if I can do it, and now 4 days in with zero pounds spent, I am ready to commit.

We, over here, have set our Stoptober goals. We have a £40 budget (£10 a week) for absolute necessities, and we are mid cupboard cleaning. My goal is to bring in 3 times as much as we spent,  £120, and hopefully have a better bank account balance, and cleaner cupboards to start November.

Anyone else want to join me? And stop spending for a month?

I'll post back November first and let you know how we got on.


No comments:

Post a Comment