Do you ever get really excited to try a recipe out?
One you have been looking forward to for months, and you finally get all the ingredients together and
then your children say,' Blurgh, looks like Poo!'
'Ginormous dinosaur poo! Hatchling no4 chimes in.
Talk about a mood killer, eh!
It isn't that bad... is it?
Maybe a little...
Anyways, should you be interested in attempting to make this look a lot better than I did, I can testify it was delicious...
Chocolate amaretti pud
200g amaretti biscuits
250g dark chocolate
400ml double cream
(I made two, the second I used caramel hot chocolate for hatchings - that was yummy too)
Cocoa to dust
1. Melt chocolate in a bowl and whisk in cream.
2. Pour a little chocolate mix into the bottom of a pudding basin.
3. Dip amaretti biscuits in brandy, and arrange them in a layer.
4. Cover biscuits with chocolate.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until done.
6. Put int he fridge over night.
7. Put pudding basin in hot water for 5 seconds before turning out onto a plate.
8. Dust with cocoa