We have been adjusting to a life without shopping,
more to do with being a ferry ride from shops, than because of Stoptober,
if I'm honest.
Anyways, there are a few treats we miss, and bagels have been on the hatchling request list for a while.
So today, we tried our hands at making bagels.
And honestly, much more chewy, nommy, and like the ones from the cafe on west fourth or in the UBC sub building, than the (coughs) Tesco's 'New York' bagels.
Anyways, just try making them.
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp sugar
1 pkg dried yeast
pinch of salt
1. Mix everything but the flour together and then add to the flour. Kneed well, and let double in size.
2. Divid dough into 8. Roll into balls. And then poke your finger through and twirl to make Os.
3. Place a couple in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Then flip the bagels and boil for 2 more minutes.
4. Dip the bagels in topping if you so desire, and put in a preheated oven 375/200 for 30 - 35 minutes.
5. Leave to cool, and then enjoy!