About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Friday 10 August 2012

Road side flowers


All along the roadsides, in the ditches and fields, there is such an abundance of colour and texture.

A rich bit earth.

The hatchlings bring in handful, after handful.

We have cups, and bowls; teapots and a barbie bath tub, filled with wild blooms. 

I went to wash the bathroom, and found even my toilet bowl is full of purple clovers.

To smell pretty, apparently.

Hatchling no2 asked me, 'Why do flowers grow?'

I thought about waffling on about pollination, but truthfully, I think it is simply to make the world beautiful.

Kind of inspiring isn't it.

Today, I am thankful for beauty all around me.

And I hope I can try to live a little more beautifully myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment