About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Monday 11 June 2012

Little bit of chocolate heaven

This morning, we tried a chocolate breakfast muffin recipe I found on another blogger's site, again. I think, just maybe, we found a little piece of chocolate heaven. I switched up a bunch of measurements, took out a couple things, add a few others... we are pretty happy with the results.

So, what do you think of my new coffee mugs, eh? I have spent the last decade looking for mugs I could love... and I finally found them. I love these new mugs. Made by creuset, the company that makes my favourite cast iron cookware. No, I am not paid to say that, but it is true, they make awesome stuff. They come in a rainbow assortment of colours. I want to buy them all. It would give this tiny part of me a great deal of happy to open my cupboard to a rainbow of coffee mugs... but I know deep down, I would only ever use the blue ones. I'm a bit of a mug snob, or maybe just an over grown kid. Coffee tastes best in blue mugs... so I only bought the blue,... despite how awesome my cupboard would look with at least 6 different colours in it.



Chocolate breakfast muffins

3/4 cup (2 1/2 ounces) cocoa
1 3/4 cups (7 1/4 ounces)  Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1  cup (7 ounces) dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda/bicarb of soda
1/4 cup (or three sachets) of Nestle double chocolate mocha (or your fav instant coffee powder)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate chips
2 eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
2 teaspoons vinegar
1/2 cup (4 ounces, 1 stick) butter, melted

Mix the lot and pop it in an oven at 350/ 180. This made 30 mini muffins which took about 12- 15 minutes to bake.
For larger muffins, if you have not very inconveniently run out of large muffin cases, like I did, I'd give it about 18 - 22 minutes, depending on your oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment