About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Sunday 9 September 2012

Limited

Where is the line between dream and reality?

I can never read all the books I want:
I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
I can never train myself in all the skills I want.
And why do I want?
I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited.

(Sylvia Plath)

I so often feel this way. Limited, blah.... That certainly won't stop me from trying, though. There is a whole big world out there to explore, and in all the ways I can I shall not waste today.

This year has been one of changes and trying new things. We have seen and done so many of the things we dreamt of doing, and yet, I think, but what about this and that? What have I been doing with my time? Why have I not accomplished more? I look around me and do not see the progress, but instead the not yet done. 

Today, I shall not waste, but instead try to find peace within myself. A little bit of peace with what has been done.

Because tomorrow, well tomorrow, I know I will try once again to do a little bit of everything.

Today, I am thankful, that I am able, and that I have today and probably tomorrow too, to plant dreams and grow blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I think the key thing is to live life for the moment and to graspe every moment!

    j x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found two things helped: Firstly, each day jot down the task you just finished so at the end of the day you can see how vast was the amount of work you achieved. One of the most important for the world being the kind of people you are raising to lead this planet safely into the future. The Second thing is to remember that life has it's seasons with the work and adventures that apply to the season. You are still planting! It's okay; you will still be having adventures in your seventies.

    ReplyDelete