We awoke this morning to find someone (she puts her hand up guiltily) had not closed the dishwasher properly, hence the bowls were still dirty.
Now, I know I could have hand washed them, but the wonderful thing about scones is they take nearly the same amount of time to make.
So we had hot scones with butter and raspberry jam.
(and tried not to think too hard about clotted cream and strawberries)
Anyways, should you require an indulgent breakfast for six in under ten minutes try scones.
40 g of butter
225g of self raising flour
1 tsp of sugar
pinch of salt
125 ml of milk
1. Pre - heat oven to 220C.
2. Add sugar and salt to flour.
3. Rub in butter.
4. Add milk slowly to more a sticky but kneadable dough.
5. Plonk out on to a little floured surface and use a cup to cut into scones.
6. Put in the oven for 8 minutes.
7. Serve warm with butter and jam, or if you are so lucky with clotted cream and strawberries.