About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Saturday 3 November 2012

Crochet Christmas gifts

This is my start to our homemade gifts this year. 

I've made each of the hatchlings a pair of slippers.


Just a plain sole, and then a brighter colour up top. 


and a scarf to match.


Some darker and chunkier slippers for the boys.


I have a series of hats I am making and I'll do a post when they are all completed.

Here is the Christmas pudding hat I made.


And one very wonky handbag, using the scraps of wool I had for a little girl who wants a rainbow purse.... well, it isn't pinterest worthy, but it will make her happy.

I would love to say here is the pattern but the truth is I have never used one. If there is sufficent interest I'll post the steps I have used, but for the most part they are just really easy crafts.

Take for instants the scarf and slippers. The matching set took about 6 hours to make. Total cost of the wool used: 65 pence

Hard to beat that really.

Next week I'll post the sewing projects we are making as Christmas gift ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment