About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Monday 3 December 2012

Advent day 3: Mince Pies

I don't know about you, but my house smells so much better when I have mince pies in the oven.


This year we tried out a cranberry mince recipe.


It may not be to everyones taste, but the hatchlings and I prefer it to previous attempts. 


It is just right without raisin over load.


I don't feel like parting with £3.50 for tiny pie tins, so I used muffin cups.


They are a little quirky, but absolutely delicious.

Here is our recipe.

80g brown sugar 

125ml of ruby port

300g dried cranberries

75g currants

75g raisins

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp ground ginger

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 tsp nutmeg

Zest and juice of an orange

50 ml brandy

1 tsp vanilla

2 tbs honey

Gently heat half the port and dissolve in the brown sugar.

Stir in the fruit.

Take off the heat and add all remaining ingredients.

Pour into sterile glass jars and keep in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment