About us

We are a hard working, family of eight. Swimming in the sea when we aren't busy on our small holding. Daddy dragon has to work away a lot, so this blog is to let him keep up with our adventures at home.

Friday 7 December 2012

Advent day 7: Wreaths


For today's craft we made bead wreaths and popcorn wreaths.

The former are super easy for small fingers.

Thread some tri - beads on pipe cleaner, 

Christmas Red Transparent Tri Beads

and then make a bow.

The popcorn wreath started out with threading the popcorn on a piece of thread to wrap around the cardboard to give a fluffy layers look... 

ka100959_hol04_popcrnwr.jpg

 then descended into tears, as string is too tangly and too knotty, and so we resorted to the big old tub of white glue. To save mama from having to thread 300 yards of popcorn to make all the wreaths.

So our's look like this:


Happy wreath making!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! When I was a kid we strung popcorn and cranberries together and put them on the tree. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by too! :) I remember cranberry and popcorn strings from my childhood too. I have not seen fresh cranberries this year, I shall have to look.

    ReplyDelete