Not hard biscuit gingerbread.
Soft, sticky, and moist cake.
1. Put 180g butter, 225g Golden Syrup, 225g Black treacle, and 150g dark brown sugar in a pan on low heat. Stir until combined.
2. Add 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp cloves.
3. In a small bowl whisk 250ml milk with 2 eggs, and add to the syrup mixture.
4. Add 1 heaped tsp of bicarb of soda, and 285g plain flour.
5. Place in a pre - heated oven at 160 for 45minutes.
6. Serve dusted with icing sugar and a large dollop of brandy cream.